Deep REM Anabolism
- Promotes Deep Sleep*
- Increases Growth Hormone*
- Optimizes Testosterone*
- Reduces Cortisol*
- Digestive Support*
Sleep is an opportunity for growth. Muscles don’t grow in the gym – they grow after the gym, during their recovery phase. We recover the most while we rest, and the body knows this. Catabolic processes slow, growth hormone is released, and muscles repair. Better yet, the “deeper” the sleep that can be achieved activates even more anabolism. Anabolic Blackout™ was created to take advantage of the growth opportunity presented to us each night.
- Essential minerals to promote sleep and support hypertrophy.*
- GABA triggers sedative processes in the brain to help you get to sleep faster and improve sleep quality.*
- Contains amino acids responsible for the formation of serotonin and growth hormone to improve REM sleep and recovery.*
- KSM-66® decreases anxiety and promotes anabolic hormone status.*
- L-Theanine takes the edge off of any lingering caffeine from earlier in the day*
Lift. Sleep. Eat. Repeat.
A mineral and electrolyte, magnesium is involved in metabolism, protein synthesis, and ATP generation.
- Magnesium deficiencies increase blood pressure and insulin resistance.
- Supplementing with magnesium can promote muscle relaxation as well as increases in testosterone levels.
- Participants supplementing with magnesium have found enhanced sleep quality and reductions in overnight cortisol concentrations (Held et al., 2002).
Zinc is an important mineral that is needed for many enzymatic reactions to occur as well as muscle protein synthesis.
- Zinc supports testosterone production and may increase testosterone levels after exercise and while sleeping.
- Zinc deficiencies are related to low IGF-1 and GH.
- The role of zinc in the central nervous system involves regulation of sleep, and zinc supplementation studies show that it enhances amount and quality of sleep (Cherasse and Urade, 2017).
Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)
GABA is an inhibitory, amino acid-based neurotransmitter. It is the most important neurotransmitter for relaxation.
- Stimulation of GABA receptors (such as with GABA) promotes relaxation and rest.
- Supplementation with GABA increases concentrations of growth hormone.
- Athletes sleep quality may be enhanced by GABA supplementation.
Mucuna seed is a rich source of L-DOPA which mimics dopamine in the body.
- Mucuna supplementation has been shown to decrease cortisol levels
Theanine is an amino acid that is not one of the 20 common to the human diet. Theanine is unique in its effects to relax without increasing sleepiness.
- Commonly used to take the edge off of caffeine and other stimulants. May help with relaxing and falling asleep at night after caffeine consumption during the day.
- Promotes relaxation and restfulness while decreasing anxiety.
- Also enhances mental relaxation, to increase focus and improve larning.
Lemon Verbena Leaf Extract
Lemon verbena has many antioxidant properties which have been shown to accelerate recovery
- Lemon verbena is a strong antioxidant
- Supplementation with lemon verbena reduces muscle damage following exhaustive exercise
- Helps preserve muscle strength following exhaustive exercise
Taurine has a myriad of benefits. From helping the body to metabolize fat, improving insulin sensitivity, raising testosterone levels, as an antioxidant, higher performance and quicker recovery during athletic training and increasing cardiovascular health… it goes without saying that Taurine is a great ingredient to have in your wheelhouse
- Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. It also decreased exercise induced DNA damage.
Ashwagandha is one of the most popular herbs used worldwide for a number of reasons, including reduced stress and enhanced athleticism.
- Participants supplementing with ashwagandha for 8 weeks reported over a 50% decrease in anxiety as well as improvements in concentration, vitality, and quality of life.
- Males subjects using ashwagandha over 2 months experienced enhanced muscle mass and strength gains, potentially due to increased testosterone levels, which increased by almost 100 ng/dL.
- Enhances sleep quality, even if supplemented during the day.
Similar to huperzine, choline bitratrate increases choline and acetylcholine levels. Acetylcholine may then promote deeper sleep.
- Cholinergic stimulation in the brain stem tripled REM sleep duration in one study (Datta et al., 1991)
- Mothers with high choline intake reduces cortisol levels in their children.
- Low choline status is correlated with greater anxiety levels.
Inositol is a sort of pseudovitamin present in fruits and grains. It has functions as a neuromodulatory agent capable of reducing anxiety and depression.
- Supplementation with inositol is efficacious for decreasing anxiety and panic disorders in otherwise healthy participants.
- Individuals with eating disorders due to stress report decreased anxiety and obsession when taking inositol.
- May help with weight control and improve heart health.
5-HTP is part of the serotonin metabolic pathway. It promotes sleep without creating dependence and responds to light/dark therapy.
- May enhance growth hormone release during sleep.
- Highly effective as a treatment for insominia.
- Doses as little as 0.5mg may be used to successfully correct jet lag and sleep cycles.
- Helps to prevent adipogenesis and weight gain.
ProbioSEB™ is an advanced, scientifically proven combination of probiotics which help with recovery, immune function, and gut health.
- Supports healthy immune function
- Promotes healthy gut microflora